EMDRIA Approved for 7 CEUs
Learn How to Effectively Integrate EMDR Therapy with Play Therapy Techniques to Implement All 8 Phases of EMDR Therapy with Fidelity!
(This is an ADVANCED EMDR TRAINING for clinicians already trained and experienced in EMDR Therapy. If you have not completed your basic EMDR training yet, this course is not for you.)
- Describe how the 8 phases of the standard EMDR therapy protocol are applied when working with children and adolescent clients.
- Learn how a developing brain functions, maladaptive information is stored, and adverse childhood experiences impact children and adolescent clients.
- Identify applications of the Adaptive Information Processing, AIP, model with children and adolescent clients.
- Learn how to collectively gather information from a parent/caregiver and child/adolescent client through Play Therapy techniques to perform (PHASE 1) to gather a comprehensive history, conceptualize the case, and create a targeted sequence treatment plan.
- Understand the preparation (PHASE 2) performed with child and adolescent clients by supporting their emotional literacy, experiencing grounding techniques, developing a calm place image, creating a container image, and engaging in resource development through animal imagery.
- Learn how to conduct an assessment (PHASE 3) by utilizing methods to determine the Subjective Unit of Distress, SUD, with minor clients, “What Happened Next” drawing activity to identify a target, as well as elicit developmentally phrased positive and negative cognitions.
- Explore various creative methods of Dual Awareness Stimulation, aka Bi-lateral Stimulation, with child and adolescent clients to support desensitization and reprocessing of distress. (PHASE 4).
- Learn Play Therapy techniques to reassess and engage in positive cognition installment (PHASE 5).
- Acquire Play Therapy techniques to assist children and adolescents in identifying somatic distress and symptoms through a child friendly version of a Body Scan directive (PHASE 6).
- Learn pendulation and titration play based techniques with children and adolescents clients to reduce somatic distress. (PHASE 7).
- Learn how to educate child/adolescent clients and their parents/caregivers about resourcing and grounding techniques for stabilization and attainment of a sense of equilibrium (PHASE 7).
- Observe how to conduct re-evaluation (PHASE 8) with child/adolescent and/or their parents/caregivers.
This training is designed for clinicians who are at least partially trained in EMDR.
This NOT an EMDR basic training.
It is strongly recommended that attendees complete the full EMDR basic training and have experience in using EMDR with children and adolescents before using this material.
Eligibility for EMDRIA Credits is restricted to those who have completed an EMDRIA-Approved Basic EMDR Training.
Attendees who are partially trained in EMDR are not eligible to receive EMDRIA Credits.
Learn how to use animal imagery to build and grow your client's inner resources.
Learn how to grow your child's emotional literacy to strengthen their capacity to heal and respond to stressful situations from here on out.
Jackie Flynn EdS, LMHC-S, RPT, Host of Play Therapy Community (TM) is the founder and director of Counseling in Brevard, is a Licensed Psychotherapist, Registered Play Therapist, Trauma Therapist, Couples Counselor, Education Consultant, and Business Coach. Her passion for helping children and families in a variety of settings inspired her to open a private practice group in Cocoa Village, Florida where she provides caring, thoughtful counseling and therapy to individuals of all ages, families, couples, and groups. As a proud veteran of the US Army, a Give an Hour Provider, and a Certified EMDR Therapist and an EMDRIA Approved Consultant, she is passionate about helping people heal from traumatic experiences and move towards a happier, healthier life. She has special interests in Anxiety, Depression, Adoption, Grief, Relationship Struggles, Learning Disabilities, and Attention Deficit Disorder. Jackie earned an Education Specialist degree in School Counseling from University of Central Florida and Graduate Certificates in Play Therapy and Nonprofit Management. Prior to her current work at Counseling in Brevard, she was honored to be the School Counselor at Sculptor Charter School in Titusville, Florida where she currently serves on the Board of Directors as the Parent Representative. Jackie is also the creator and host of Play Therapy Community and Parenting in the Rain Podcasts, downloaded over 200,000 times in over 50 countries.
StartIntroduction to the Course and Welcome from Jackie (9:13)
StartEMDR with Fidelity Checklist
StartPhase 1: History Taking, Conceptulization, and Treatment Planning with Children and Adolescents (68:14)
StartPhase 2: Preparation with Children and Adolescents (165:41)
StartPhase 3: Assessment with Children and Adolescents (32:58)
StartPhase 4: Desensitization with Children and Adolescents (73:50)
StartPhase 5: Installation with Children and Adolescents (55:21)
StartPhase 6: Body Scan with Children and Adolescents (81:09)
StartPhase 7: Closure with Children and Adolescents (19:59)
StartPhase 8: Re-evaluation with Children and Adolescents (23:50)
StartClosing Comments from Jackie (0:41)
Start"I Feel in My Body" Somatic Awareness Book for Kids
StartEmotional Regulation Techniques for Kids
StartAdditional EMDR Resources for Child Therapists
Frequently Asked Questions
Congratulations on completing 8 Phases of EMDR therapy with Children and Adolescents: Integrating Play Therapy Techniques
If you are in need further support, Jackie offers EMDR consultation with therapists across the globe to seeking support with individual cases, honing their skills, seeking certification, consultation and more.
You can reach Jackie at [email protected]